Saturday, November 24, 2012

MOM Adventure

I went an an incredible MOM adventure with my daughter.  We were tying to find an overlook to the Snake River and ended up in a foot of snow.  We drove for 5 hours and finally got to the last 6 miles and had to stop because the snow was too deep.  It just about drove me crazy.  All I wanted to do was go the last 6 miles.  It seems that this is one of the most frustrating things to get almost to the finish line and because of circumstances beyond your control, not be able to finish.  We took pictures of us up there on that cold hill and knew it was good. 




We went through this town called Caprum in Idaho that has a population of 8.  There are some seasonal cabins there, but some of the residents 8 I guess live there year around.  The main street is a dirt (dirt, not gravel) road that goes through the middle of town. The mail comes there 3 times a week.  (We stopped and talked to a resident so we found out some things about the town.)  They do have electricity which really surprised me.  It used to be an old mining town and there are probably still miners who live there.  What would you do in the winter?  That is a group that I am going to showcase when I publish my photo book.

No comments:

Post a Comment