Friday, November 2, 2012




This a the beginning of my blog.  I would like to somehow write my experiences down and share my photos and philosophies.  One of my favorite places on earth is the Bear River bird refuge.  These pictures are from the refuge. I especially love the blue herons and the pelicans.  I was completely shocked when I saw my first Pelican out there and  Iremember the first photo I took of a blue heron.
I think it is the smells of the marsh and the wind that is always gently blowing that draws me.  Ofcourse the birds fascinate me.  The pelicans, depending of the season always have a wary eye on me.  If I get out of the vehicle they fly away before the door is even open.  If I drive along the canal road they will stop  and paddle the other way.  If I back the car up, they will go the other way.  Then I go forward and the go the other way.  I go do this  over and over and they will always change directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment