Friday, November 15, 2013

City of Rocks National Monument


On this trip I took my son Zachary. Spent a few days at City of Rocks National Monument  This is really one of my favorites. Especially if you can make it there during the week or in spring or Fall. A few years ago I spent a magical night there in March, but it was very cold in my tent.

It as become a Mecca for rock climbers and so often times the campsites are full  I love taking photographs here. When the sun sets it reflects so warmly off the peaks.

With Zachary's help I was able to climb up bath rock. There are steel rod steps on the back of the rock that is kind of cheating but still difficult. On top of the rock there are several pan holes but one is large enough to fit 4 people almost like a hot tub. Only the water isn't hot. My guess is that there is usually a bit of water in there  I have read that for a short time they and beauty pageants here-- the swimsuit activity. 

I was glad that Zachary was there because I wouldn't have dared climb here my self. The views from on top were completely different than the views below. I used my wide angle lens and got some interesting shots.

      Zachary is very good company. He doesn't need much; he takes good care of me and is almost always in a good mood. It was a great adventure for this middle aged woman and her teenage son.

No comments:

Post a Comment